Active ADAT/Toslink-Splitter & Repeater
The ADS-8 ADAT/Toslink Splitter allows you to connect any signal source to two sinks. The active design overcomes the limitations of traditional passive splitters: They essentially half the amount of light on each output, causing problems because the attenuated signal is too weak for proper transmission of high-speed data. In contrast, the ADS-8 receives the optical signal, converts it to an electrical signal which can be split without loss to the out put transmitters which operate on each port with full power. As a side effect, it acts as signal repeater which doubles the reach of each connection.
- Reliable, lossless, true bit-transparent splitting of any signal
- Doubles maximum transmission distance of an optical connection from normally 5-10m to 10-20m, depending on the equipment used
- Near-zero latency (< 1µs)
- All channels present on the input are available on both outputs
- Compatible with all audio formats which can be sent over TOSLINK
- Quality product "Made in Switzerland"
- Splitter (1 input -> 2 outputs)
- AC adapter in "green" switching technology
- Printed manual
Does the ADS-8 split all eight channels of an ADAT signal?
Yes. The ADS-8 is completely transparent, i.e. it does not know and care about the data sent through it. It acts exactly a cable would do.
I need more than two outputs. Can I cascade splitters?
This is possible, but not recommended because the signal undergoes additional optical/electrical and electrical/optical conversions which slightly degrade its quality. Better is a true 1:n splitter which we can custom-made for a reasonable price. Please contact us with your requirements and we will send you a quote without any obligation.
|Input/Output||Optical connector, F05 Type TOSLINK®compatible|
|Transmitted audio formats||ADAT, SPDIF, Dolby Digital ® 5.1 and other TOSLINK compatible formats (up to 96 kHz sample rate/15 Mbit data rate)|
|Power supply||9..12VDC 50mA
Plug:ID=2.5mm OD=5mm Length=9mm Polarity: Center Positive