Bidirectional ADAT/TOSLINK Extender Kit
The ADX-16 Kit has been designed to overcome the length limitations (5m/16 ft) of optical TOSLINK® interconnects running ADAT Lightpipe®, S/PDIF® and other protocols. The kit enables you to run two TOSLINK connections (one in each direction) over a single Cat5 cable and up to 100m / 330ft. in length, opening up a range of new possibilities (e.g. for audio distribution within a building).
- Economic digital 8x8 snake with lowest latency
- Recording of 8 channels from a remote location, with master clock transmitted to the remote unit
- Interconnection of ADAT enabled equipment (e.g. DAWs and digital mixers)
- If analog conversion is needed at one or both ends, we recommend using 8-channel ADC/DACs (e.g. Behringer ADA8000 or Focusrite Octopre mkII Dynamics) on the respective end(s)
- Bidirectional transmission over up to 100m/330ft. using a single Cat5 cable
- Reliable, lossless, true bit-transparent transmission
- Near-zero latency (< 1µs)
- Compatible with any data format which can be sent over TOSLINK (ADAT, SPDIF, AC-3/Dolby Digital, DTS ...)
- Quality product "Made in Switzerland"
- Converter Box ADX-16-S (1xTOSLINK In + 1xTOSLINK Out to Cat5 with power supply)
- Converter Box ADX-16-R (1xTOSLINK In + 1xTOSLINK Out to Cat5)
- AC adapter in "green" switching technology
- Printed manual